JOIN US AT CALGIS 2016 – MAY 10-12
CONFERENCE HELD IN ANAHEIM, CA
CLICK HERE! to learn more
*NEW LOCAL JOB POSTING*
About Nimble Consulting Inc.
We are a consulting firm based in San Francisco, CA. We serve utility and energy clients experiencing change or innovation. For more information, please visit us: http://www.nimbleconsulting.net
Immediate Opportunity: GIS Trainer
This GIS Trainer role mainly focuses on developing training for a client in the form of video training, online webinars, job aids, etc. with some stand up training as necessary. This opportunity is full-time and requires onsite presence in Los Angeles, with travel as necessary to other locations (San Diego, etc.) We prefer candidates who live in the bay area, LA or California but will consider qualified candidates willing to travel regularly to Los Angeles.
To be considered for opportunities you must be:
- Local and able to be on-site 5- 5 days a week with the client
- Available for travel to engage and support end users throughout the California.
- An independent consultant that is willing to be a sub-contractor or temporary W2 (if necessary)
- Have strong client references for consideration
- Note: If you reside in Los Angeles, daily Commute to client site location from your home will be considered the “Office Location” and therefore will not be reimbursable from a mileage perspective. Travel to other client locations will be reimbursable for mileage.
- Preference given to independent consultants that is either S-Corp, C-Corp, LLP or have a Business License
GIS Trainer Role
- You will develop technology training (video training, job aids, etc.) across the following technology relevant to our client base: ESRI Arc GIS, ESRI Arc FM GIS, Aviva.
- You will conduct assessment, analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation for the effective development of training for clients.
- Have experience in developing training content for technology, alpha and beta testing, and developing CBT and online training, videos, etc. for virtual learning.
- For both job aids and online training courses, you can develop training videos for various audiences and can quickly learn the work flow of each user group to tailor the training accordingly – this includes roles such as engineers, those who edit the content and those who view the data for reporting or other purposes
- You are an independent consultant with a minimum of 10 years of delivering technology training, preferably across a wide range of commercial clients and users.
- You are an experienced in Training Consultant and able to analyze business and end user needs and recommend appropriate learning solutions that include:
- Identifying, designing, and delivering company training solutions to meet business needs for a variety of internal and external customers
- Delivering portfolio of key deliverables as needed for the project and client (Learning Objectives, Training Plan, Training Manual (instructor guide, participant guide), Job aids, training videos, online tools, FAQs, instructor guide/ participant guide, surveys, etc.).
- Delivering virtual learning methods: mobile app training, eLearning, and live webinars, videos on how to learn new technology or processes
- Demonstrated experience delivering technical content into intuitive learning format for a variety of delivery channels beyond the traditional classroom experience:
- Video production using Camtasia, Storyline or other software for end user training purposes
- You have recent experience developing role-based training and know how to document user work flows as it relates to the training you are developing to get the most tailored training for various end users
- Demonstrated and recent experience delivering technology training (Classroom training) for users either in person or virtually via web ex
- You are comfortable with leading projects on your own with minimal /no guidance. We look for contractors that can round out project needs as they arise on short term basis, so it is important that they are a team player and can take feedback well.
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated ability to research content, work with Subject Matter Experts, and present complex information clearly
- Technically adept: proficient with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, screen capture, recording, and web-based content management and authoring tools
- Ability to explain training frameworks and how they have been applied in their work: ADDIE, Instructional Systems Design (ISD), etc.
- Preference given to those who have worked within the utility sector (Gas, Electric)
- Strong preference given to those who have worked with technology relevant to client base: ESRI Arc GIS, ESRI Arc FM GIS, Aviva.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line and cover letter to: email@example.com
SoCal URISA is an official chapter of the International Urban and Regional Information Systems Association. International URISA is a non-profit association of information technology professionals with specific emphasis on applications in state and local government. URISA is also the premier organization for the use and integration of spatial information technology to improve the quality of life in urban and regional environments. The SoCal Chapter has been an active part of URISA since 1990. Our Chapter service area includes the counties of: Imperial, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Ventura. The Chapter holds local meetings throughout the year and regularly hosts URISA Certified Workshops that are free to members.
The Chapter Board Officers are made up of interested members who attend several board meetings a year. If you’d like to get more involved with the SoCal Chapter, you’re welcome to attend and become an Advisory Board Member. Advisory Board Members can participate in all Board meeting activities, with the exception of voting on financial matters.
Due to our large service area, board meetings are held at various locations and in conjunction with the CalGIS Conference, the ESRI UC and the International URISA Conference, and via conference call.
For more information on the Southern California Chapter, Blanca Quintero, President, email.