Presented by CGIA
Friday, June 22nd, 2018
9:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Fri, July 6, 2018
7:30 AM – 5:00 PM PDT
GIS & ASSET MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP- URISA CERTIFIED
Thursday, May 31, 2018– CSU Los Angeles
Friday, June 1, 2018– City of Escondido, City Hall
Workshop highlights included:
- Where asset management comes from, how did it get started, what asset management is, and what asset management is NOT
- What is an “asset register”, HOW and WHY the GIS is an ideal asset register
- International trends in the use of GIS as the asset register
- Tabletop exercises including: Is your organization ready to start a GIS centric asset management journey?
- GIS as a platform on which to carry out asset management and to communicate asset management outcomes
11/28/17 & 12/7/17- Next Gen 911
Jeff Ledbetter hosted two NG911 URISA Certified Workshops in both San Diego and Rancho Cucamonga. The workshop covers addressing, getting your GIS ready for NG911, technology, and standards.
11/15/17- GIS Day
SoCal URISA supported Los Angeles County at their GIS Day event. Several presentations, posters, vendor, and students attended to learn more about GIS activities at the County.
7/27/15 – SoCal URISA Social Event at the ESRI UC in San Diego
This year the event was held at The Blind Burro in downtown San Diego. It took place during the ESRI UC so of course it brings in so many of our members. We all had a blast with good food, drinks and socializing with friends.Here are a few photos:
|SoCal URISA Networking Social 2015|
7/21/15 – San Diego GeoShowcase Awards
SANDAG, The San Diego Regional GIS Council, and SoCal URISA all cohost this map contest, this year the digital submissions over ran the posters! Every year during the ESRI Users Conference we co-host the awards, attracting local GIS users to submit their San Diego area maps. Here are the winners and some photos:
- Grand Showcase Winner: Kristin Bleile of KTU+A: Looking Back at Balboa
- Most Artistic: Andy gordon of SANDAG “A Planimetric Oblique View of the San Diego Region”
- Most Technically Integrated: Emily Perkins from SDMMP: San Diego Management and Monitoring Program’s Management Strategic Plan Interactive Map Viewer
- Most Analytical: John Strain: Tracking Population Shift in San Diego North County Intermediate 1988 – 2013
- Best Cartography: Deniz Ozakcay of Caltrans “Maintenance Map Book”
- Most Educational about GIS: Todd Jester, GISP of Fallbrook Public Utility District “The Who, Why, and How of Survey Accuracy Level GIS”
Web Applications and Digital Maps ArcGIS On-line Gallery
- Best Web Map Application: Martha Rodgers of Ball Park GIS “San Diego Brewery Map” http://www.sandiegobrewerymap.com
- Best Story Map: Koman Diabate “Transportation Forecast Information Center”to see the FULL LIST of digital submission go here: http://www.sdrgc.org/Gallery/gallery.html
|GeoShowcase Awards Winners 2015|
7/15/14 – SoCal URISA Social Event at the ESRI UC in San Diego
Members and friends got together during the Users Conference and enjoyed the sights, scenery and of course good food and craft beers at Southpaw Social Club by Petco Park in downtown San Diego. This is an annual event we host for members and it is always a blast.
6/28/14 – Open Source Workshop
SoCal URISA hosted an Open Source workshop at Palomar College GIS lab with Jeff Johnson formally of Boundless. We took a look at the tools offered from QGIS on the desktop to GeoServer and PostGIS along with the web application framwork ised to deliver applications using these services on the web. For more information on the training materials from this workshop visit these links.
http://workshops.boundlessgeo.com/suiteintro/ and https://www.qgis.org/en/docs/index.html and users are encouraged to install the tools ahead of time by downloading from http://boundlessgeo.com/solutions/opengeo-suite/download/ and http://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html